HeadMouse Nano emulates a USB computer mouse so no special software is required for operations. It a robust, lightning fast, silky smooth head tracker that works in almost any environment from total darkness to full sun. It translates natural movements of a user's head into directly proportional mouse pointer movement – move your head and the mouse pointer moves as well. A wireless optical sensor tracks a tiny disposable target worn by the user on his/her forehead, glasses, or even a hat. It works just like a computer mouse, with the mouse pointer being controlled by head movement.
The user may be in any comfortable viewing position in front of the computer display and the HeadMouse will track the head movement. HeadMouse Nano's high tracking resolution makes pixel precise control available to everyone, allowing a user to perform such tasks as drawing, photo editing, graphic illustration, and Computer Aided Design (CAD).
HeadMouse Nano connects to the computer, tablet or speech generating device through a USB port and operates using standard mouse drivers. No special software is required. The HeadMouse is powered by the host device, over the USB connection. The integrated tilt sensor automatically adapts to even the most unusual mounting orientations.
- Nano size and light weight (2" x 1.5" x 0.35", 1 ounce) eases the task of mounting
- Works with Windows computers, Mac computers, Android tablets, Chrome, Linux - if it works with a USB mouse, it works with HeadMouse
- Smooth and pixel precise control of the mouse pointer
- Works in any lighting environment - from complete darkness to full sun
- Works on virtually every platform - computers, tablets, and speech generating/AAC devices (if the device can be access with a standard USB mouse)
- Accepts two 3.5mm adaptive switches
- Provides access to the full range of keyboard and mouse functions when used with an on-screen keyboard
- No power adapter - HeadMouse receives power through the USB connection
- Simple, hassle-free installation consists of plugging HeadMouse into a USB port
The Deluxe Bundle includes HeadMouse Nano, mounting brackets, cables, on-screen keyboard software, target dots, and Sip/Puff switch with headset.
is a software utility which replaces the functionality of a standard keyboard with a full featured on-screen keyboard. SofType is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
- AutoClick: a built-in dwell selection feature. When enabled, clicking functions are performed by holding the pointer motionless (dwell) for a programmable length of time.
- Dragger: an integrated toolbar which allows AutoClick and single switch users to perform all of the common clicking functions of a two-button mouse.
- Predictive Word Completion: eliminates keystrokes when words are selected from the word list. This feature will automatically complete the word and add a space at the end.
- Macro and Abbreviation Expansion: eliminates keystrokes when entering frequently used phrases, commands and other text entries.
is a full-function, advanced on-screen keyboard providing people with physical impairments as well as graphic tablet and touch screen users full access to the computer. KeyStrokes enables you to use a mouse, trackball, head pointer or other mouse emulator to type characters into any standard Mac OS X application.
- Full function on-screen keyboard floating above other applications.
- Excellent companion for HeadMouse Extreme or other mouse emulators.
- Layout editor LayoutKitchen™ to design your own virtual keyboards to be used not only for typing, but also to launch applications, speak, run AppleScripts and much more.
- Works seamlessly with all standard Mac X applications.
- PolyPredix, an advanced word prediction engine that can do word completion, next word prediction and even multi-word prediction in English US, English UK, French, German, Dutch, Norwegian, Italian, Spanish and Russian.
- Learns your vocabulary as you type and through text files.
- Includes a powerful dictionary editor to edit user dictionaries or even design dictionaries for additional languages or dialects.
- Provides various visual and audio-feedback features including speaking what you type (the latter option is built-in for English)
- Has configurable auto-spacing and auto-capitalization features for a number of languages.
- Provides powerful shortcut expansion features.
- SmartTransparency™ technology to automatically show and hide the keyboard as needed.
- Dwellix™ a system-wide dwelling solution to click and type without pushing the mouse button.
- Handles command-key combinations, dead-keys, and modifier key - click combinations and auto-key repeat.
- Works with US and international keyboard layouts and offers multiple interactively resizable keyboard models.
- Offers extensive customization, including various key designs, selectable font, and adjustable key spacing.
- Has a special “invade fullscreen” and game modes for increased compatibility with full-screen applications and games.
- Provides a Simple Mode to limit a student's access to more advanced features.