This comprehensive resource covers 66 chronic and acute conditions encountered daily by school nurses.
Pathophysiology and school nurse management is covered in detail for all conditions and extensive assessment lists are included to assist in the development of IHPs.
IHPs for each chapter include:
- NANDA standardized language with corresponding nursing interventions and expected outcomes.
- A case study and sample care plan.
- Sample 504 accommodations, emergency care plans (EAPs) and emergency evacuation plans (EEPs) - if the case study or condition warrants.
- A "preliminary IHP" to initiate immediate healthcare in the school setting.
Special student issue IHPs include coverage of:
- Chronic health conditions.
- Homeless students.
- Immigrant and refugee students.
- Medically complex, fragile and nursing-dependent students.
- Chronic Health Conditions and Medically Complex chapters provide a guide for less-frequently encountered conditions.
Supporting chapters thoroughly discuss school nurse management of special issues such as:
- Using IHPs with other education, health, and home care agency plans.
- 504 plans and accommodations.
- Special education - Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and the use of IHP information.
- Other health impairment (OHI) and the IHP
- Reimbursement for healthcare services
- HIPAA, FERPA, and the privacy of student health information in IHPs.
Accompanying the book is 12 months of exclusive access to an easy-to-use, HIPAA and FERPA compliant cloud-based software application that aids in the development and creation of IHPs.
The book comes with a unique code that provides the user with access to a new cloud-based software, called IHP Creator. Each access code can only be used once; it is a single-user license.
Users will have 12 months of access from the time they register their code when setting up an account on IHP Creator, not from the time of purchase. At the end of the 12 months, the subscriber will have the option to renew for an additional 12 months. The software is accessible on any computer, device, or mobile device from any location using any modern web browser, i.e. Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer or Opera.
In Stock: The item is in stock in our warehouse. Stock statuses can change daily as we process customer orders and receive new inventory. A customer care representative will contact you if there is a problem shipping your in stock item.
Available: The item is available but not stored in our warehouse. Available items may ship directly from the manufacturer and cannot ship next day, 2nd day or 3rd day. Low stock or large orders can sometimes cause delays in shipping. A customer care representative will contact you if there is a problem shipping your available item.
Discontinued: Discontinued items are no longer available through School Health. Contact a customer care representative if you need help finding a replacement or similar item.
Backordered: The item is not in stock. We will ship the item as soon as it becomes available or you can contact a customer care representative for help in finding a replacement item.
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES