Ages: High school to 2-year and 4-year college
Testing time: 35 - 56 minutes
Administration: individual or group
Based on all-new normative data collected between 2013 and 2018. Measures silent reading vocabulary, comprehension, and rate. Includes tow parallel forms, Form I and Form J, that have been equated and can be used interchangeably as pretests and posttests.
Core Subtests and Composite
- Vocabulary: Students are presented with an opening statement and five answer choices; for example, “A chef works with A. bricks B. music C. clothes D. food E. statues.” Students select the option that best completes the opening statement.
- Comprehension: Consists of seven reading passages and 36 comprehension questions, each with five answer choices. The reading passages are drawn from current textbooks in Humanities, Science, and Social Sciences. Students are instructed to read as many passages and answer as many comprehension questions as they can.
- General Reading Ability: Composite derived by combining index scores from the Vocabulary and Comprehension subtests to achieve a stronger and more reliable index of overall reading ability.
- Reading Rate (supplemental subtest): Score is obtained by requesting that students record in the margin the number that corresponds to the last sentence they were reading in Passage 1 of the Comprehension subtest after exactly one minute. Students are instructed to read at their normal rate, neither faster nor slower than usual.
- Aids in accurate placement of high school and college students at all reading levels
- Uses all-new vocabulary items and comprehension passages drawn from current high school and college texts
- Offers optional extended-time administration to meet the needs of special populations, such as English-language learners
- Yields scores as grade and age equivalents, percentile ranks, and index scores (mean of 100, standard deviation of 15)
- Reports all-new reliability and validity studies, including new studies of differential item functioning and diagnostic accuracy
- Provides all-new passage-dependence evidence indicating 90% of the Comprehension items are passage dependent
- Includes self-scorable answer sheets and complimentary online scoring using a fully HIPPA/FERPA compliant, secure, and encrypted cloud-based environment
Complete Kit includes Examiner’s Manual, 25 Form I Test Booklets, 25 Form J Test Booklets, 50 Self-Scorable Answer Sheets, Administration Instructions, and optional Online Scoring and Report System.