Advanced hydrogel technology provides superior adhesion as the HyFin Vent Chest Seal is specifically formulated to overcome adverse conditions in austere environments where the casualty may be covered in blood, sweat, body hair, or other environmental contaminants when a reliable chest seal is mandatory. Packaged in amore compact, rugged, easy-to-open foil pouch, each chest seal also includes a gauze pad to wipe the wound surface prior to application. The HyFin Vent Chest Seal has a large red pull tab for single-step peel-and-apply application, while the transparent backing facilitates easy placement over the wound area, conforming to the patient's chest.
NAR packages each chest seal using its signature Red Tip Technology red tear notches to ensure high quality performance. The HyFin Vent Chest Seal meets or exceeds the current EMS Standard of Care and TCCC & TECC Guidelines for treatment of penetrating injuries to the chest.Features:
- Designed for the prevention, management and treatment of an open and/or tension pneumothorax potentially caused by a penetrating chest trauma
- New, more compact packaging
- Patented, new design with 3-channel pressure relief vents
- Advanced adhesive technology designed for a superior seal in the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties
- 3-vent channels designed to prevent airflow into the chest cavity during inspiration while allowing air to escape through the vent channels during exhalation
- Vent channels designed to allow blood to escape and provide a backup fail-safe system as even if two of the three channels become obstructed
- Easy-to-grip, large red tab for single step, peel-and-apply application that allows for the burping of the wound if necessary
- Rugged, easy-to-open foil package featuring signature Red-Tip Technology tear notches
- Device: H 6 in. x W 6 in. (excluding tab)
- Packaged: H 4.625 in. x W 7.5 in. x D 0.1 in.
- Weight: 1.37 oz