Access Bluetooth-enabled devices using ability switches or the driving controls on a powered wheelchair. In iOS, it is compatible with Apple's Switch Control and can also be used with VoiceOver and as a switch interface or switch-accessible apps.
- Make and receive phone calls and text messages
- Open and use compatible apps
- Enter text and commands by voice
- Browse the internet
- And much more
For Switch Users
Even if using only one switch, access ALL the features available to switch users in a Tecla-enabled device. Tecla Shield DOS comes with modes optimized for users of one, two, and up to six switches.
For Wheelchair Users
Control of a Tecla-enabled device can be made available as an additional driving mode or AUX output using a wheelchair control box, allowing user to switch at any time between driving the chair or controlling the device.
Freedom of choice
Tecla Shield can also be used with Mac (OS X) or PC (Windows or Linux) using assistive software (additional switch access software for PC or Mac may be required). Allows full control of the mouse pointer (for users with access to five or more switches via the MouseKeys built-in feature in Mac or PC).
Access more than just a few apps
Allows exploring the Home screen and launch applications. Also navigate and interact with built-in apps on iOS or Android devices to take photographs, listen to music, browse the internet, make phone calls and watch videos.
Access on-screen keyboard to compose e-mails and messages or enter text whenever needed.
System-wide voice assistance
Ask Siri to email a friend, or the Google voice assistant to skip to the next song, it happens regardless of the number of switches used.
- Works with iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone, or Android (best on Nexus or Pixel devices or Samsung devices with the Universal Switch accessibility feature
- Fully customizable Android experience using Tecla App for Android
- Six modes available, including 4-way joystick navigation
- Integrated speed and mode configuration buttons
- Use up to six switches or wheelchair driving controls
- Connects via Bluetooth without a pairing code
- Automatically connect to last paired device
- 20-foot connectivity range
- Built-in, rechargeable battery which lasts over 90 hours with continuous use
- 3-1/2" x 30-1/4" x 1-1/2"; 7.1 oz.
Read "Touchscreen seem out of touch? A solution may be just a tap away with the Tecla Shield DOS" >>
- Switch Port 1: 3.5mm stereo socket
- Switch Port 2: 3.5mm stereo socket
- Wheelchair Port 1: D-Sub 9-pin male connector
- Power Port 1: 2.1mm center-positive barrel socket (9-24V)
- Power Port 2: USB micro B socket (5V)
- Radio Protocol: Serial Port Profile and Human Interface Device
- Integrated 5000mAH rechargeable battery
- 3.5" x 3.25" x 1", 7.1 oz.
In Stock: The item is in stock in our warehouse. Stock statuses can change daily as we process customer orders and receive new inventory. A customer care representative will contact you if there is a problem shipping your in stock item.
Ships Soon: The item is available but not stored in our warehouse. Available items may ship directly from the manufacturer and cannot ship next day, 2nd day or 3rd day. Low stock or large orders can sometimes cause delays in shipping. A customer care representative will contact you if there is a problem shipping your available item.
Discontinued: Discontinued items are no longer available through School Health. Contact a customer care representative if you need help finding a replacement or similar item.
Backordered: The item is not in stock. We will ship the item as soon as it becomes available or you can contact a customer care representative for help in finding a replacement item.
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES