Get everyone engaged and involved with fun bingo game that helps incorporate physical activity into the classroom. Features a variety of simple stretches and yoga-based movements that must be completed in order to mark the game card.
To play, the leader reads an instruction card that contains a yoga-based movement. The players do the movement, and those who have the movement on their bingo cards cover the square with a marking chip (not included). Play until someone has a bingo!
Includes 30 laminated bingo cards (8-1/2” x 11”), 26 movement instruction cards, and game instructions.
Benefits of yoga-based movements in the classroom include:
- Engage learners
- Increase time on task
- Decrease in behavior referrals
- Ability to transition between classes more effectively
The popular Americanized version of yoga being taught in schools is a secular form of mind-body exercise focused on mental and physical benefits, not spirituality. Research on school-based yoga and mindfulness suggests that these programs may lead to improvements in focus, memory, self-esteem, academic performance, and classroom behavior, and can even reduce anxiety and stress in children.Potential Benefits of Yoga
- Provides students with healthy ways to express, balance, and regulate their emotions and behavior
- Promotes a more relaxed, comfortable state of being - the perfect state for teaching and learning
- Brings students into the present moment – the most basic requirement for learning
- Encourages community and connectedness within the classroom
- Provides opportunities for beneficial motor breaks throughout the day
- Eases anxiety and tension (such as pre-test or performance jitters)
- Enhances focus, attention, concentration, comprehension and memory
- Reduces anger, depression, and fatigue
- Supports social and emotional learning
- Enhances flexibility, strength, and physical well-being