Provides an extensive and easy-to-use set of checklists and other tools that will be invaluable to every teacher (and parent) who has children with sensory processing challenges. Includes tried-and-true instructions for developing fine-motor, “organizing,” and motor-planning skills, and for providing an appropriate “Sensory Diet” that can benefit all students. Checklists help identify students who have difficulty processing sensory information.
Contents include: What Is Sensory Integration? What Is Occupational Therapy? How to Get the Most Out of Answers to Questions Teachers Ask. Comparison of Typical Sensory Processing & Sensory Processing. Paperback, 64 pages.
This book and the tools within it will help teachers learn how to:
- Recognize Sensory Processing Disorder
- Understand how Sensory Processing Disorder may interfere with a child’s motor coordination, muscle tone, fine motor skills, visual perception, and relationships with others
- Discern a child’s unique pattern of out-of-sync behavior
- Help a child recover after a meltdown
- Develop strategies to prevent future meltdowns
- Approach a child who is simultaneously oversensitive to one kind of stimulation and undersensitive to another kind
- Help children identify their own needs for the right amount of sensory stimulation
- Collaborate with parents, occupational therapists, and other professionals on a child’s behalf
- Provide a safe, appropriate, “sensory diet” in the classroom that will benefit all students
- Structure a calm and organized classroom
- Manage his or her own behavior when a child “pushes those buttons”
In Stock: The item is in stock in our warehouse. Stock statuses can change daily as we process customer orders and receive new inventory. A customer care representative will contact you if there is a problem shipping your in stock item.
Available: The item is available but not stored in our warehouse. Available items may ship directly from the manufacturer and cannot ship next day, 2nd day or 3rd day. Low stock or large orders can sometimes cause delays in shipping. A customer care representative will contact you if there is a problem shipping your available item.
Discontinued: Discontinued items are no longer available through School Health. Contact a customer care representative if you need help finding a replacement or similar item.
Backordered: The item is not in stock. We will ship the item as soon as it becomes available or you can contact a customer care representative for help in finding a replacement item.
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES