Fun activities make therapy both clear and successful. The presentation of the activities is down-to-earth, and includes step-by step directions, as well as delightful dialogue to use with the kids. You also get a number of activities specifically designed for therapy groups composed of children who stutter and children with language disorders. The activities are designed for children aged approximately 7-12 years and seek to address the emotional aspects of the disorder by exploring and talking about stuttering, reducing avoidance behaviors as well as encouraging skills within speaking situations.
The 50 activities are divided into five categories and include reproducible homework and handouts:
- Identifying and Exploring Stuttering Stutter Tag, Stuttering Awards, Candid Camera, Teach Me How to Stutter, Stuttering Private Eye, and more
- Practicing Speech Tools Stretching, Bouncing, Pausing, Voluntary Stuttering, Out in the World, Speech Tool Bingo, and more
- Learning the Facts Facts, Famous Role Models, The World Wide Web, You Are the Expert, and more
- Uncovering Feelings Draw a Picture of How You Talk, Stuttering Interviews, You Feel That Way Too? It’s Showtime, and more
- Targeting Language and Stuttering Goals Barrier Games, Pleased to Meet You, Joke Telling, Idioms, Trust Building: The Blindfolded Walk, Scavenger Hunt, and more
- What You Need to Know About Stuttering your most common questions are answered here, including information about what stuttering is, what causes it and makes it grow, its relationship to other speech disorders, age of onset, feelings and fears of stutterers, and much more.
- Your Tools for Successful Therapy describes a straightforward approach to therapy that includes creating a motivating and safe environment, how to measure success, how to teach speech tools, working with feelings, and more.
- Appendixes packed full of captivating personal stories written for young stutterers by stutterers who have been there, lots of fun stuttering awards, a summary of the pros and cons of altered speech feedback devices, resources, an adapted Stuttering Foundation Association brochure for the teacher, and more.
The author's experience as a person who stutters, as a speech-language pathologist, and as a frequent volunteer for self-help organizations has well prepared him to create 50 ingenious, easy-to-use activities, most including several possible adaptations. 415 page book includes a CD-ROM with all the homework assignments, handouts, and awards.
In Stock: The item is in stock in our warehouse. Stock statuses can change daily as we process customer orders and receive new inventory. A customer care representative will contact you if there is a problem shipping your in stock item.
Available: The item is available but not stored in our warehouse. Available items may ship directly from the manufacturer and cannot ship next day, 2nd day or 3rd day. Low stock or large orders can sometimes cause delays in shipping. A customer care representative will contact you if there is a problem shipping your available item.
Discontinued: Discontinued items are no longer available through School Health. Contact a customer care representative if you need help finding a replacement or similar item.
Backordered: The item is not in stock. We will ship the item as soon as it becomes available or you can contact a customer care representative for help in finding a replacement item.
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES