- School Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
School Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
A must have for practicing or aspiring school nurses, the Standards of School Nursing Practice and their accompanying competencies describe and measure the expected level of school nursing practice and professional performance. Based on ANA’s Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice (2015) for all registered nurses, these standards are authoritative statements of the duties that school nurses should competently perform. Composed of two sets—the Standards of Practice and the Standards of Professional Performance—these standards delineate how outcomes for school nurse activities can be measured.
• Updated NASN Code of Ethics
• Section on Social Justice
• Updated statistics of the profession
• Ecological Model of School Nursing
• Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
• Updated Trends in School Nursing
• Changes to the Standards of Professional Performance:
• Addition of Advocacy,
• Environmental Health
• Migration of Program Management competencies to other standards
• Updated Glossary
Copyright: 2022 4th Ed.