The constitution of the BurnTec dressing incorporates an aqueous composition of natural and synthetic polymers such as polyvinylpyrrolidone, polyethylene glycol and agar, cross-linked by a beam of electrons.
The BurnTec cools the injured area and ensures a soothing effect for up to 24 hours. The sterile non-stick dressing is absorbent, trapping wound secretion and bacteria within the gel. The dressing is permeable to water vapor and oxygen but impermeable to bacteria which helps protect the wound from external contamination while allowing it to breathe. The material is biocompatible and does not cause allergic reactions. BurnTec is a modern hydrogel dressing used for a variety of skin injuries ranging from first, second, and third-degree burns (thermal, chemical, & electric). This dressing can also be utilized to provide relief from other skin injuries such as sunburns, abrasions, bruises, swelling, or insect bites. Immediate application of the dressing reduces the risk of hypertrophic scars. The non-stick properties allows for painless replacement of the dressing and it does not destroy granulation or new epithelium.
- Easy to handle without spilling or damaging the hydrogel
- Cool, soothing effect for up to 24 hours
- Impermeable to bacteria
- Biocompatible and hypoallergenic
- Reduces risk of hypertrophic scars
- Award winning new technology
- FDA cleared and CE marked
FOR USE IN THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS:
- First, second and third-degree burns (thermal, chemical, electric)
- Abrasions and skin irritations
- Bruises and swelling (insect bites)
- Other skin injuries
- Packaged: L 6.25 in. x W 6.25 in. x D 0.15 in.
- Open Length: 4 in. x 4 in.
- Weight: 1.9 oz
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES