Exercise is shown to reduce problem behaviors and increase on-task behavior. For those with autism to understand and succeed with exercise they need they visual supports, videos, and technology. ExerciseBuddy incorporates the same evidence-based practices that create success for individuals in the classroom: technology aided instruction and intervention, visual supports, video modeling, social narratives, and positive reinforcement.
ExerciseBuddy successfully works with all individuals no matter their age, motor skills, or cognitive ability. A professional, therapist, or parent has everything they need to instruct, assess performance, and collect data.
Exercise Buddy is easy-to-use and equipped with over 125 exercises and matching peer-led videos to help individuals achieve success. It can help you to interactively teach the systems of the human body and has a Teaching Tools section which can help parents give their child activities to do at home and give teachers the ability to teach exercise across the curriculum.
- Teaching Structures – First-Then and Start-Finish Board
- Exercise Library - Over 125 exercise visuals with matching Video-Model
- Verbal Praise (after exercises and workouts are completed)
- Teaching Tools - Print over 50 classroom and at home worksheets
- Create user profiles to manage multiple users
- Save unlimited amount of workouts
- Save and monitor Health History (Height, Weight, BMI, Waist/Hip Ratio)
- Turn on/off audio feedback
Visual Exercise Categories:
- Yoga, Sport Skills, Dynamic Flexibility
- Fitness Room
- Muscular Fitness, Cardiovascular Fitness
- Posture, Abdominal Strength
- Motor Coordination, Body Image
Built by multidisciplinary special education professionals and supported in multiple research studies.
Please note: this is a download. Compatible with iPad (iPadOS 9.0 or later), Mac (OS 11 or later and Apple M1 chip), Android tablet (Android OS 4.1 and up), Chromebook (Android OS 4.1 and up).