LingoPen, from C-Pen, is a convenient portable tool for those who need support learning an additional language. Scan with this state-of-the-art device to look-up and translate 8 different languages in an instant. The LingoPen has a text-to-speech function to further language retention.
- Instant Translation: Scan a word and get an instant translation in up to 8 languages, including English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese and Arabic*, making learning a new language that much easier.
- Text-To-Speech: You can scan words or lines of text to then be read aloud, helping promote independent learning
- Built-in Voice Recorder: Easily take voice dictations then listen back to them, making it perfect for those with a limited working memory or educators doing individual assignments
- Scan to Computer: simply scan the text directly to your Windows, Mac, and Linux devices
- Multiple Dictionaries: the LingoPen includes 20 different dictionaries to help enhance vocabulary
- Integrated Storage: includes 2GB of storage to retain scanned text and voice recordings for use whenever you need it
*Only one-way translation: English-to-Arabic
- Record Voice Memos - The built-in microphone allows you to easily record voice memos. The audio files are then saved in the device so they can be retrieved and listened to any time. You can also upload the audio files to your computer, giving you added convenience.
- Independent Language Development - The LingoPen is easy to use. Simply start scanning and get access to a whole host of languages and features, allowing you to develop or learn a new language independently.
- Easy Connectivity - Features a standard micro-USB connector for charging and connecting to computers, as well as a standard 3.5 mm connector for headphones to provide discreet reading support.
What People are Saying about LingoPen
“The audio functionality is, of course, beneficial for all EAL learners; the importance of students hearing their target language modelled is a fundamental principle of good practice for supporting students who are learning English as an additional language.” – Hampshire EMTAS teacher Adviser