Ages: 2 weeks to 24 months (standard scores, percentiles, and age equivalents); older children, adolescents and adults who have language delays (age equivalents only)
Testing Time: 15 to 45 minutes
Administration: individual observation and/or parent/caregiver interview
Provides a theoretically sound, research-based measure of early communication and emerging language. The test can be used to assess communication and language strengths and weaknesses, design intervention plans, and predict future language development. It can be administered to both verbal and nonverbal children, including those who communicate by means other than speech.
Use to assess and chart communication and design intervention plans, make estimates about future language development, and serve as a research tool for investigating early communication and emerging language.
Each item on the test is color-coded to indicate whether it measures receptive or expressive language skills. A score of 1 is given for each correct response, a score of 0 for each incorrect response. Item points are totaled to arrive at a raw score, which is then converted to three normative scores: percentile rank, age equivalent, and a standard index score. The child's performance is also described as falling into one of seven categories, ranging from "Very Poor" to "Very Superior."
- Includes both receptive and expressive color coded items for easy diagnostic analysis of results.
- Flexible administration options include Interview, Observation, and/or a combination of both.
- Recognizes the continuum from pre-linguistic communication behaviors to symbolic forms in emerging language.
- Can be administered to verbal and nonverbal respondents and is suitable for assessing individuals who communicate by means other than speech.
- Test materials and interview questions are designed to be cross-cultural in content, free of jargon or difficult to understand concepts, and are appropriate for all ages.
- The Informal Assessment and Intervention Plan guides clinicians in analyzing performance on the test, developing recommendations, and generating an Intervention Plan.
- The manual includes case examples.
- The kit contains all necessary art and objects to administer the test.
- All pictures are drawn in full color for an appealing look and laminated for durability.
- All objects have been tested for choke hazard and certified non-toxic.
Complete kit includes Examiner's Manual, Pictures Plates, 25 Examiner Record Booklets, 25 Informal Assessment and Intervention Plans and an Object Kit, all in a sturdy storage box.
In Stock: The item is in stock in our warehouse. Stock statuses can change daily as we process customer orders and receive new inventory. A customer care representative will contact you if there is a problem shipping your in stock item.
Available: The item is available but not stored in our warehouse. Available items may ship directly from the manufacturer and cannot ship next day, 2nd day or 3rd day. Low stock or large orders can sometimes cause delays in shipping. A customer care representative will contact you if there is a problem shipping your available item.
Discontinued: Discontinued items are no longer available through School Health. Contact a customer care representative if you need help finding a replacement or similar item.
Backordered: The item is not in stock. We will ship the item as soon as it becomes available or you can contact a customer care representative for help in finding a replacement item.
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES