Ages: 8-0 to 17-11
Testing time: 30 to 60 minutes
TOLD-I:4 can be used to:
- identify children who have problems in oral language
- determine their specific strengths and weaknesses in oral language skills
- document their progress in remedial programs
- measure oral language in research studies
The TOLD-I:4 comprises six subtests that measure semantics (i.e., meaning and thought) or grammar (i.e., syntax and morphology) skills. Two subtests measure listening abilities; two measure organizing abilities; and two measure speaking abilities. The combination of all six subtests represents overall Spoken Language.
- Sentence Combining — the child is to form one compound or complex sentence from two or more simple sentences spoken by the examiner (grammar, speaking)
- Picture Vocabulary — the child is to point to one picture (of six per card) that best represents a series of two-word stimulus (semantics, listening)
- Word Ordering — the child is to form a complete, correct sentence from a randomly-ordered string of words, ranging from three to seven in length (grammar, organizing)
- Relational Vocabulary — the child must tell how three words, spoken by the examiner, are alike (semantics, organizing)
- Morphological Comprehension — the child must distinguish between grammatically correct and incorrect sentences (grammar, listening)
- Multiple Meanings — the examiner says a word to a child who responds by saying as many different meanings for that word as he/she can think of (semantics, speaking)
- All new normative data were collected from a demographic representative sample of the 2005 U.S. population.
- Floor effects have been eliminated.
- Study of item bias has been expanded.
- Numerous validity studies, including studies of the test’s “sensitivity” and “specificity” have been provided.
- A new composite (Organizing) has been included in the battery.
- A new subtest (Multiple Meanings), representing the “Semantics” and “Speaking” constructs, has been added.
- The Generals and Grammatic Comprehension subtests have been renamed to better reflect their contents; the new names are Relational Vocabulary and Morphological Comprehension.
- Testing age range has been extended to include students between 13-0 and 17-11.
- Test manual has been streamlined to be more user-friendly.
Complete kit includes Examiners Manual, Picture Book, and 25 Examiner/Record Forms, all in a sturdy storage box.
In Stock: The item is in stock in our warehouse. Stock statuses can change daily as we process customer orders and receive new inventory. A customer care representative will contact you if there is a problem shipping your in stock item.
Available: The item is available but not stored in our warehouse. Available items may ship directly from the manufacturer and cannot ship next day, 2nd day or 3rd day. Low stock or large orders can sometimes cause delays in shipping. A customer care representative will contact you if there is a problem shipping your available item.
Discontinued: Discontinued items are no longer available through School Health. Contact a customer care representative if you need help finding a replacement or similar item.
Backordered: The item is not in stock. We will ship the item as soon as it becomes available or you can contact a customer care representative for help in finding a replacement item.
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES