Hydration is important to your body, heart, brain, and muscles. Depending on a person’s mobility, getting a drink isn’t always an easy task.
Giraffe bottle is a hydration system built specifically for those with assistive needs and provides the user with another level of independence. The system is designed to be adaptive to the user, flexible and easy to use. Helps people with disabilities, injuries, or other conditions including CP (cerebral palsy) or MS (multiple sclerosis). It can also be used as a direct-drink hydration bottle.
Clear bottle with ml and oz markings for hydration monitoring, keeping track of liquid levels, and easy way to see when bottle needs to be refilled. BPA free. Plastic neck assembly is flexible, durable, ad dependable. Plus, the length can be adjusted to fit a specific need. Drinking tube is FDA compliant, BPA free, and phthalates free. Cap, neck and tube can be removed and the bottle used as a standard drink bottle.
One of the unique features is the inclusion of a check valve. With the check valve in place, liquid won't retreat back into the bottle after taking a sip. For those with limited lung function, keeping liquid primed and at-the-ready makes staying hydrated a breeze. If the check valve isn't necessary for user’s application, simply unscrew the neck, remove the check valve, and it's that easy.
All components are dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for drinking tube and modular hose neck.
Includes 25 oz. Trian bottle (FDA compliant materials, BPA free), lid with polypropylene seal, cap, ModularHose flexible neck, drinking tube, check valve, and a stainless-steel nylon-tipped cleaning brush.
- Clean after every use.
- Keep the bottle lower than the tip of the straw. If the bottle is higher than the tip of the straw it can create a siphon effect. Once liquid begins to flow down, gravity causes it to continue flowing.
- Do not microwave.
- For best results, keep the neck as short as your application will allow.
- Not recommended for hot beverages such as coffee or hot chocolate; the bottle could become too hot to touch.
- Water and thin liquids work best.
- The check valve does not work with carbonated beverages, drinks with pulp, or other thick liquids. Simply remove the check valve when enjoying these types of beverages.
- With the attached cap, the adjustable neck and drinking tube can easily be removed and the bottle can be put into the refrigerator or exchanged with another bottle.
- If the drinking tube is too flexible at the end, try shortening the tube that extends past the neck. However, it is recommended that you keep the drinking tube extended beyond the neck, refrain from sipping on the end of the neck assembly.
- Do not freeze check valve in liquid.
- Do not turn the bottle over with the neck attached, it will leak.
Thoroughly wash after each use.
For best results, disassemble and place the bottle, bottle lid, and lid seal in a dishwasher, on the top shelf. Some detergents contain ingredients that my discolor or shorten the life of components. It is recommended to limit the use of detergents with bleach.
Hand wash the drinking tube and check valve in a sink/container of warm soapy water. For best results, submerge the drinking tube in soap and hot water and use the supplied cleaning brush. Rinse all components and leave to dry before use.
The neck assembly must be hand-washed independent of other components. When cleaning the complete neck assembly, do not submerge in water. To clean, gently wipe the spout tip and threaded base with a damp cloth. Use the supplied cleaning brush to gently scrub the inlets of both ends and wipe dry.