The 225 visual referent cards were selected specifically to target and teach the syllable shapes children need to master to become effective vocal/verbal communicators. Treatment methods employ a systematic and progressive approach of simplifying word pronunciation patterns to shape and expand verbal expression and make communication easier for children with childhood apraxia of speech and other speech sound disorders.
This highly effective approach builds intelligibility through a hierarchy of successive "word shell" approximations based on least physiological effort of target words. The clinician also is able to introduce more complex phoneme patterns as the child's ability improves, thus maintaining the child's ability to speak at his or her maximum level.
Each card breaks down the target word into a series of successive word approximations based on least physiological effort. These "word shells" provide a verbal avenue by which children communicate at their own skill level with success!
Included 52-page manual explains the Kaufman approach and how these methods can help children progress quickly from a simple core vocabulary toward becoming effective, functional, intelligible communicators. Ages 2 to 8.
Children who are having difficulty with the production, synthesis, and/or sequencing of words with /p, b, m, t, d, n, h/. The visual referents are most appropriate for children ages 2-8.
Target Word List includes:
- Targets synthesis of basic sounds /m, t, b, d, h, n, w, p/
- Trains children to combine consonants and vowels to form wordsf
- Teaches the pivot syllable shapes children need to master to become effective vocal/verbal communicators
- Syllable shapes children need to master to become effective vocal/verbal communicators
- Unique pivot syllables such as "ny" or "dle/do" which are not included in other apraxia treatment materials
- CVCV simple repetitive syllavbles
- VC initial consonant deletion
- CV consonant-vowel
- VCV vowel-consonant-vowel
- CV1CV2 repetitive syllables with vowel change
- C1V1C2V2 simple bysyllabics
- CVC assimilation
- CVC bilabial assimilation
- CVC tip-alveolar assimilation
- CVCVCV simple polysyllabics
- C1V1C2V2 plus CVC
- Synthesis of /m, t, b, d, h, n, w, p/
- 225 durable and engaging picture cards targeting the sounds: /m, t, b, d, h, n, w, p/
- Cards are 5" x 7" with bright color illustrations on the front and phonemic approximations "word shells" on the reverse side
- Color coded cards and dividers designed for easy organization
- Durable carrying case with handle for easy transport
- Instructional manual including:
- Complete evaluation hierarchy
- Complete treatment hierarchy
- Cueing technologies
- IEP Goal-writing examples
- General treatment consideration