The Defibtech Lifeline VIEW/ECG/PRO pediatric pads should only be used with the Defibtech VIEW/ECG/PRO. These energy reducing external pediatric/child electrode pads are recommended for use on patients age 1 - 8, less than
55 lbs (25 kg) in body weight. For children older than 8 years of age or more than 55 lbs., School Health suggest using the Defibtech Lifeline VIEW/ECG/PRO Energy Adult Electrodes (part number 54351).
Through these pads the Defibtech VIEW/ECG/PRO AED can assess the pediatric patient's impedance and analyze ECG to detect shockable/non-shockable heart rhythms.
Instructions for pediatric pad use:
- Remove clothing from patient's chest.
- Tear open pads package.
- Peal pads from the blue liner.
- Apply pads to patient's bare chest and back as shown on the package and video display.
- Pre-connected, single-use, non-polarized, disposable, self-adhesive electrodes with cable and connector
- 77 centimeters squared (nominal, each pad)
- 50 centimeters squared (nominal, each pad)
These AED pads have a two year shelf life.
It is recommended to always have a spare pediatric electrode with your AED in case of a second emergency.
Defibtech Item Number: DDP-2002