A novel approach to teaching reading comprehension: short stories focusing on social issues common to today’s youth, written at a second grade reading level. Ideal for adolescents and young adults struggling with reading comprehension.
Student Reader Book
- taking responsibility
- dealing with the first day of school
- handing routine disruptions
- preparing for a successful job interview
presents 16 engaging stories, illustrated in graphic novel style. Each four- to six-page story is ideal for one classroom session. Covered spiralbound book, full color, 90 pages.
features the 16 stories plus six to eight student activity pages per story. Covered spiralbound book, black and white, 277 pages.
includes one Student Reader, one Instructor's Guide, one PDF CD, and the multimedia software on a Win/Mac CD. The PDF CD includes a printable PDF file with a Classroom License that lets you print stories for each student.
includes eight Student Readers, one Instructor's Guide, one PDF CD, and the multimedia software on a Win/Mac CD. The PDF CD includes a printable PDF file with a Classroom License that lets you print stories for each student.
Social Story Readers Software
reads the stories aloud to students with professional narration.
- Text is highlighted word by word, line by line, or by complete sentence.
- Graphics are plentiful, contemporary and age-appropriate.
- A test at the end of each story provides speech support and an optional hint feature that directs students to the page that addresses each question.
- A unified management system helps the teacher quickly review or print out student performance data.
- Teachers can determine reading lists and set options that best suit each student’s learning style.
- Choose word-by-word or natural speech narration, select the text highlighting approach and assign tests.